Star Gazing + Camping = Success

My Mr. Boyd is the most spontaneous man I have ever met, and I love it! Tuesday night, we each came home from our days activities. We were chilling in the living room and we had a great idea to grab a blanket, drive to Freestone park, and go star gazing. As we were walking out of our front door to the car, Grant looked at the stars, and then at me and said, "Babe! Let's go camping!" I said ok and we were off camping. We stopped by the Boyds to grab a 2 man tent and some sleeping bags and we headed on our adventure. After a few attempts to find a good spot, we finally found the perfect one in Usery Pass...there was not a soul in sight, only creeping things, but that didn't bother us. Lucky for me, I have an eagle scout of a husband who took care of everything!


***All pictures are taken by our fabulous new purchase :: the selfie stick!****






Our air mattress didn't blow up, so we spent the night cozy on the desert ground. My personal favorite part was cuddling up to my man underneath the candlelit of the starry sky and letting him showing me all of the constellations. Grant's favorite part was waking up with a rock in his back. ;) haha. But he loved watching for shooting stars as well. 

We woke up at 5:30am just as the sun was rising. We couldn't wait to get in the shower to wash the old camping smell from the sleepbags off of us. I'm sure those sleeping bags have accompanied many of those Boyd brothers on their campouts. ;) I sure do love my fun, spontaneous man!

No comments