Wedding Day Part 3 :: the dress and the ring

Grant and I both agree that we felt and are feeling Heavenly Father pour down his blessings upon us. We have felt it especially while planning our wedding. Grant likes to call it his paycheck from his mission. While preparing to be married and sealed for time and all eternity, I received so many confirmations that Grant and I were doing Heavenly Father's will. We were marrying the right person, at the right place, at the right time....and for that, everything, literally EVERYTHING fell right into place with hardly any bumps in the road. 

One of our many greatest blessings was the dress. Finding a beautiful, modest, but good priced dress is hard work. The day after Grant proposed, my mom and I went on the hunt to find the perfect wedding dress. I knew I wanted something elegant, form fitting, white, and 3/4 length sleeves. The task of finding all these characteristics in a dress seemed almost impossible. Every dress was so expensive! But, Heavenly Father always hears the prayers of a worried bride....not a few days later, my dream dress literally fell into my hands. My dear friend and now sister in law found this dress on a facebook page. Within hours, my mom and I were at the house of this dress trying it on. The dress fit like a glove, hardly any alterations were needed. It was perfect. You better believe I said one million prayers of gratitude to my Heavenly Father. The best part was, the veil and the dress combined equaled a grand total of $200. 


I loved every detail of this dress from the bead work to the lace from the train to the veil. 


My ring is another beautiful story. Grant originally proposed with the band and just the diamond. He went ring shopping alone before he proposed, but really had no idea what I liked. A family friend of the Boyds who designed Grant's mother's ring, made mine! Together, Grant and I designed what we wanted the ring to look like. We loved the design of the infinity sign. The ring was made for such a smokin' deal and the best part is that no one will ever have the same style as my ring. I love it because it is so unique.





The best part was that my man LOVED it. It was exactly what he invisioned his bride wearing the his wedding day. We felt beyond blessed.

No comments